search the site
Tips for Seniors
The Ultimate Brain Berry Parfait
This fabulous dessert is nutritionally ‘brain healthy’ with all of the berries and dark chocolate flakes. Socially heart healthy, as it serves four people so you should have some friends over to share it. Physically heart healthy, if you go to a ‘pick your own’ farm and pick your own berries or, build up a little arm muscle tone while you froth the milk and grate the chocolate. I know once you eat it you will get a little aerobic exercise from dancing around the kitchen with joy.
All fruit should be well rinsed with cold water prior to use.
1 cup strawberries, de-stemmed and sliced or quartered
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of red raspberries
1 cup of blackberries
1 1/2 cups of low fat milk or whole milk
1 – 2 oz dark semi sweet chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbls honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon
4 Mint leaves
Electric or hand frother or coffee press
1. Combine fruit in a bowl and mix.
2. Combine milk, honey, cinnamon and vanilla in a tall container, or pour into a coffee press.
3. Froth milk until thick like whipped cream using a coffee press or with an electric froth making wand.
4. Grate chocolate into flakes.
5. Layer ingredients, berries, cream, then chocolate into dessert dishes or cups.
Serve immediately and enjoy a low calorie, brain healthy treat that will have your taste buds and feet dancing.